Singapore Angel not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bschnuck

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a singapore angel in a tank with a Porc Puffer, maroon clown, and a lavender dottyback. The angel does not appear to be eating like the rest of them do. I have been feeding a pinch of flakes, 1 piece of krill, and then a 1/4 cube of frozen brine shrimp/algae/etc cube once a day. Is it just the angel likes to pick and not come to the surface like the rest?

Also, do you see anything wrong with this combo of fish? they are in a 75 gal FOWLR. The clowns rear fin has been torn but we never see the fish chasing or picking at each other.

My bad, should have added that...angel has only been there for 5 days. All water parameters check out good. Only bad reading was my nitrates they were .25, but i have been feeding probably a little too much these last few days in effort to make sure it eats, it did at the store. It swims in and out of the rock like its healthy, just we havent seen it eat.

Have you treid soaking the food in garlic extract?

That alot of times will spurn the fish to eat.

Has it ate at all yet? Sometimes ittakes a while for fish to start eating. I would say that it is time for it to start eating. :|

I believe this is a dwarf angel, correct me if i'm wrong. They like a good amount of LR to pick on and some algea growth would not hurt either. Was he eating at the LFS?
Try a little Nori (pressed seaweed) on a clip and see if he picks at that. Also what the rev suggested is a good trick.
The puffer could be a tail nipper watch him.

I believe the singapore angel is not a drawf angel. I dont really know though to be honest. Eventually, i will need to upgrade this tank as both it and puffer grow, but i should be ok for a little while. It appears to pick at the rock.

So tell me more about the puffer being a nipper. Is it possible it only chases the clown when the lights go out?

Actually it it, not a Centropyge, but a small angel.
Here is some info on him.
http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/angels/chaemeso.php
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/fishes/angels/chaetodonoplus/faqs.htm
Evidently a little hard to keep. Thats why we preach seeing them eat before bringing them home. Try the nori for sure and try some angelfood preparation that has some sponges in it. I have it at home and forget the brand. I can post it tonight.
Puffer so have the reputaion of fin nipping, I would watch him especially if you are seeing frayed fins.

Back
Top Bottom