Six line behaving oddly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
He's been very shy lately, staying in the rock work ,not eating. He looks fine though and my water parms are perfect or near it. He's healthy looking, nothing I can see abnormal, just his behavior his very strange, an he keeps opening his mouth, more often now then before.
Params
10g tank (I know to small, buying a 55g soon)
Set up one year
Ammonia less then .5
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Temp at 78
Ph is 8.3
Staple food is a high quality flake as frozen foo is hard to get around here. But I feed mysis shrimp diced an blood worms when o can

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's been very shy lately, staying in the rock work ,not eating. He looks fine though and my water parms are perfect or near it. He's healthy looking, nothing I can see abnormal, just his behavior his very strange, an he keeps opening his mouth, more often now then before.
Params
10g tank (I know to small, buying a 55g soon)
Set up one year
Ammonia less then .5
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 0
Temp at 78
Ph is 8.3
Staple food is a high quality flake as frozen foo is hard to get around here. But I feed mysis shrimp diced an blood worms when o can

What do you mean by less than 0.5 ammonia? Any amount of Ammonia could be causing this and It should be at zero in a cycled tank.

What do you mean by less than 0.5 ammonia? Any amount of Ammonia could be causing this and It should be at zero in a cycled tank.

^^THIS^^
Zero nitrates and any(even questionably .25 ppm) means something is not right.
If you question the readings then things are not good IMO.
This is not fact but we all need to know(guess) what is happening.
Wisdom and knowledge come with time.
If you think it is not right then it probably is not.
You don't sound cycled IMO ?

Tank is cycled, no doubt. 10pounds of live rock plus my aquaclear which I haven't touched this week. I pull it an rinse with tank water when I do water changes Just a bad reading or test as I just redid it. Ammonia is between 0 an .25ppm according to my chart with it being more yellow.
0 nitrite
0 nitrate.
Anyway, I came home to my fish being a bit more active with it swimming around an out of different holes in the back when I noticed it poop was white an stringy. I'm pretty sure it's not a parasite an if it is i have no idea where he got it? Nothing is added into the tank without being monitored and treated jut in case before hand

Back
Top Bottom