Skeletor eel has an owie!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy68

Aquarium Advice Regular
Have had this Skeletor eel for a few months now. He seems healthy except this owie on his back. Don't know if I should treat or let nature take it course.
90 gallon tank, fluval 405, protein skimmer, live rock and live sand
Temp 78.2
Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0.1
Nitrate 20

Stock: Skeletor eel, dwarf golden eel, ghost eel, 3x three stripe damsels, 4x blue green chromis, CUC various snails and crabs, abalone snail, 2x peppermint shrimp

To treat or not to treat? And if to treat, with what

Attachments

• image-573703201.jpg
    image-573703201.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image-4015826189.jpg
    image-4015826189.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 133
  • image-3177701204.jpg
    image-3177701204.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 153
Anyone? Really don't want to lose this guy. Total luck that we got him in the first place.

Just did a 20% on Sunday but will do a smaller one tomorrow after work. Just don't want him to get infected. Should I medicate as a precaution and if so with what? I have Melafix...

Okay. Did another water change, about 10%. And then panicked and did one dose of Melafix. Forgot to turn the skimmer off and it went nuts. We have an Abalone snail and I didn't think about wether it would hurt her or not. Skeletor eel is eating great and I am soaking the food in garlic guard... Did I screw up with the Melafix? Should I do another big water change or just let it sit for a while? Really DON'T want to crash the tank and REALLY don't want to lose our eel...

I believe melafix is reef safe, look on the bottle. If its reef safe, it's invert safe, but I think so from what I remember. I think I treated my DT a while back and I have always had inverts.

Melafix is just tea tree oil mixed with other natural substances.

Melafix said its reef safe. I just panicked and dose too soon I think. Eel is eating good so I'm going to just let things sit a few days. Still keep and eye on the eel and his wound. Would really like to avoid medicating anymore so...

Autocorrect is not my best friend :0) I am soaking food in garlic guard so I just need to take a chill pill myself and watch. One question... How bad will this Melafix mess with the water test results?

Back
Top Bottom