Skinny blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lennytheblenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My algae blenny isn't eating very much and he has become really skinny iv tried overfeeding him but he's not gaining weight any ideas?

Lennytheblenny said:
My algae blenny isn't eating very much and he has become really skinny iv tried overfeeding him but he's not gaining weight any ideas?

U using algae strips?

What are you feeding him? Formula 2 is good for herbivores. Nori and seaweed sheets are usually a hit with my blenny. My blenny also particularly like bloodworms.

Do you no any species of fish that would fit in with a cleaner wrasse, hawkfish and a half moon triggerfish I couldn't have another blenny it wouldn't be the same

I was thinking another trigger or a tang and put them in my dads tank when there to big

Lennytheblenny said:
I was thinking another trigger or a tang and put them in my dads tank when there to big

Be better if u got a bigger tank. Be able to enjoy them both for a very long time... IMO

Just so you know im 14 and I can't because it's in my room and I'm upstairs. The reason why I want to move them downstairs is because my dads making a 300l tank and he's getting a lion fish and a Picasso trigger and some from his old tank so they'd fit in nicely.

Lennytheblenny said:
Any ideas then

So your tank is roughly 26g.... I'd suggest nano fish. Good place to look is liveaquria.com and look at the fish in the nano section. They are smaller, but will fit ur tank nicely. If ur overseas they may not ship them, but gives u ideas to look for.

I might get a pair of firefish. My blenny was 5 inches so they shouldn't throw the equilibrium out of balance.

Il put on a pic tomorrow because my fish are only small for there species except the halkfish

Back
Top Bottom