skinny yellow tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys.It is me artur.Im asking you again.Please i need help.2 weeks ago i bought small yellow tank and diamond goby.I have them i 10 gal. QT.They were looking great.Goby was happy and eating a lot.Yellow tank eat to but not to much.But i think since he is small it was O.K.Goby stilldoing great.After 10 days yellow stoped eating.Now is 4 day he does not eat.He is getting skinny.What should i do?I tried pellets,flakes,dry mysis,frozen mysis,brine shrimps,salad nothing works.I do not have them in cooper.I read that forum even asked question about<in QT you should inmidietly use always a cooper or just watch the fish and if you see something then use cooper>The answers were 50-50.So i decieded watch them.They look great,bright colors.No signs of parasites.Just that tank stoped eating.What should i do?Do not want him to die!!!!Please help!!!!!

You are talking a Tang right? I believe this was answered in your other, similar post. I can't seem to find it, but I think Cmore or Lando answered (sorry, I can't remember who).

I answered your same question about food here.
I qt all new fish I get, but do not do any treatments unless I see a sign of some problem.

IMO you should not treat a fish unless you know what you are treating for. Tangs IMO should not be treated with Copper as they really dont react well with it IME. Just observe them and see if anything comes of it. Have you tried feeding seaweed selects or nori. Also maybe try soaking food in garlic.

I just buy a pack of nori at the asian food market and clip a half a sheet every other day. Try using some garlic Xtreme to the algae too to help stimulate the appetite.

Sorry, CCCapt!
No reason to be sorry. ;) It's all about helping out.

This is what nori soaking in Garlic Extreme and Zoe does to my fish.
tang2_4-08.jpg

I notice your clown are haning out there too. Do they eat any nori? My clowns also hang out at the clip, but never eat any. The female does occasionly bother one of the herbivores like the CB or blue tang.

Yeah, they do. It's crazy. They actually attack the clip and rip the nori out like savages. My yellow watchman does that too, where the tang and angel just nip at it gently. And, my dispar anthias also eat the small pieces of nori that float by.

Here's a few poor pics of the clown ripping at the nori and the dispars waiting for some to float by.
feeding2_4-08.jpg

feeding1_4-08.jpg

Miy clowns always stayed near their anemone when I had one. Now that it's gone :( they move around a lot more. Maybe they're working they up to it. Considering they only get fed every 2-3 days with nori on alternating days, I'm surprosed they haven't attacked it yet.

Back
Top Bottom