Sleeper Banded goby hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

incloud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just purchased a sleeper banded goby yesterday. He was an awesome fish and nice and fat. I acclimated him for close to an hour and then fresh water dipped him in RO. I then added him to my DT and he bolted somewhere to hide. He has not so much as poked his head out since and no trace of him at all. Usually any fish I've added come out before long but not this one. I am concerned that he went somewhere and died in the tank, got eaten by CUC, which doesn't take long at all. It has only been a day but could use a little feedback on this. My tank is a 65 gallon with a lot of hiding places in 80 lb's of live rock. He's a beautiful fish and pretty big in comparison to my existing small (under 3") fish. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

If you just got him yesterday he`ll probably hide a few days. Doing the FW dip probably stressed him out more than usual. Give him a while he should come out soon.

Thanks for the hope. I'm probably just worried because I rarely do the dip and as I mentioned this is the first time I've added a fish and not seen him. Just have to wait it out. Thanks again!

Those types of fish really love to hide! You just got him too so wait it out and I'm sure he'll become more social! Good luck!

Thanks guys! Came home earlier today and caught a glimpse of him. An hour later he was out and about. Still shy but he's alive and well. Now just hoping he eats okay as I know sifters can be tough. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom