Sleeping or sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bear85

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a Picasso clown, he has been in the tank for a few days and every morning when I get up I go check on them. He is always on the top of the water and kinda laying over ! I was a little worried yesterday's but when I got home from work he was swimming around and eating ! Is this normal ?

Yep, pretty normal. When I first got mine, I freaked when I saw him doing that.... I thought for sure he was a goner until I bumped him & he took off. Never seen a fish that truly sleeps like clowns.... they almost go into a trance state. Mine will just kinda float around the tank and tumble around with the current, but during the day he's perfectly fine.

Clowns are funny sleepers,when first got mine I went out and came back when lights were off and seen one clown up against the inlet of my filter like he died and was getting sucked in. I freaked out and put my hand in and he swam off so had a little laugh after. Got some vids of him doing it before the lights go out like he's playing dead lol

Well, when you could darn near stock an entire FW tank with the cost of a single marine fish, you do tend to worry about them a bit more.....

Back
Top Bottom