Slimy stuff on flower pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No_Name

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a flower pot for about 2 months now and it was fine until couple day ago i notice there a slimy form on a section of the flower pot. Anyone know what is it, is it brown jelly infection?

I just cleared off the brown jelly stuff and moved to my QT just in case. Please help

That sure is brown jelly disease. Get that coral out of your tank and try get as much of that brown stuff off as you can.

I agree it is brown jelly disease ...I am not sure there is much hope for the coral but you could try an Iodine dip and high flow ... Hopefully some one will give you the treatment for it ...:(

Iodine dip did not work...physically wipe and clean surface did not work...

My wife wants to know if there's a humane way to end the life of our poor flower pot....it's simply too much pain to watch it slowly die and give in to brown jelly...

It in my QT now been for almost a week. about every 12 hours, we would wipe off the brown jelly, but 12 hour later, the brown jelly would just come back even stronger... current it about 1/4 of the pot is gone.

Well, If you were thinking of just killing it, Let the brown jelly take its course. It may not kill the whole thing. I know when my Duncans had it, Only a few poylps got taken by it.. Then it slowly went away.

ok ty we'll just let it run his course in the QT then.. Should I cut down on the light hr, current it at 8 hr.

Nah, 8hrs is about right.

It may kill it all, You never know. If you really want the coral to survive, Read up how to treat it and what not. And siphon up the jelly.
But if not, Just let it run its course.

Back
Top Bottom