Small cuts on yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I notcied tonight on my yellow tang that it has a small little cut on its side - maybe where it has brushed up against a rock or coral. An hour or so later I noticed it has a second one. I have had this tang in my tank now for 6+ months with a regal about the same size, a small non agressive damsle and a clown. Also the only other thing thats agressive in the tank is a CBS but I think it might be the regal popping it with its tail.
Has anyone else experienced this? The regal has been in the tank for some 3 years and when I put the yellow in with it, they took to one another like friends. So I dont know why they would start fighting now.
Also I assume the small cuts will heal? Anything I need to do? I have my QT tied up so this is not an option. He has had small nicks here and there and they have healed in the past. I am feeding nori with Vitamin C on it so this will help. Anything else?

I would make sure of pristine water conditions as those cuts could develope into secondary bacterial infections. Keep an eye out for him and if you see infection then you`ll need to QT and treat. I cant be for sure but it probably might be a good guess that the blue tang is doing it.

Back
Top Bottom