Snowflake Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJSerik

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, made the impulsive buy of an eel tonight. LFS (Who is very good) told me it would be good with everything in the tank. Well, to my surprise(and certainly horror) he ripped my Skunk Shrimp to pieces. I wanted to know if he'll be ok overnight. I also have 2 Clarkiis, a Six line, a long nose hawk, and a Bullet Goby. Will he kill anything else? He's going back tomorrow afternoon.

How big is it? It could potentially eat anything that will fit in its mouth, hopefully it doesn't before tomorrow however it is a nocturnal predator :( any other inverts in the tank? They are at risk too. Do you have a tight fitting lid? They are also escape artists, very good ones...

They mainly feed on crustaceans in the wild. Hiwever, I wouldn't put it past a snowflake to eat your goby eventually. The other fish should be fine.

Really? The goby is pretty big, I'm worried about my 6 line. Got it with the eel, it's MAYBE an inch. I really don't know much about snowflakes.

Thinking about it now, I may keep him. If after a week he behaves, I might keep him. Tonight's definitely gonna be a long night. Only problem is, my LR is steady, but not solid. Would that be a problem?

Thinking about it now, I may keep him. If after a week he behaves, I might keep him. Tonight's definitely gonna be a long night. Only problem is, my LR is steady, but not solid. Would that be a problem?
not so much until it gets bigger. mine hasnt knocked anything over so far

Will he overload my filters? I read that they're super messy. Also, gonna check on the tank and see what's going on. Hopefully I have everything!

They are a bit messy. They are strong escape artists. And he will eat anything he can get a drop on and fit in his mouth, that's a moray. (Sorry for the pun, I couldn't resist).

Brought him back last night. LFS has a 48 hour rule so didn't have too much time. It was a real pain getting him out, had to remove all my LR. Never getting one unless he's staying put for good.

Back
Top Bottom