Snowflake Moray Eel Wound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonanatal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good morning guys. I purchased a Snowflake Moray Eel about 2 days ago and performed a proper acclimation to my 55 gallon FOAWLR setup. I have a Volitan Lionfish with doesn't want anything to do with the Snowflake Moray Eel even thought it swims through the Volitan Lionfish Antennae from time to time. This morning I woke up and saw a circular puncture mark on the Snowflake Moray Eel just near his gills. I'm gathering because their is no aggression toward other tank inhabitants that maybe while swimming through the Volitan Lionfish's Antennae that he may have been accidently stung. He is still behaving normally hours after I turned of the lights but I'm afraid of possible infection. It their any advice from anyone that I should be on the lookout for. All of my water parameters are 0 and ph is 8.4 Thank you in advance for your advice.

A long time ago, I bought a jeweled moray from a LFS, they had it in with a green moray. The green shredded this guy. I bought it, took it home and put it in a small hospital tank and treated with melafix for a month. The fish went on to live a lot longer with me. If the wound is not all that severe, it wouldn't take nearly as long to heal. I would suggest a small hospital tank and melafix.
The wound also sounds like what a puffer or trigger would make on a fish it was not happy about.

Well I'm sure that my Starry Puffer did not touch him because he is within a QT tank all by himself because he is having his own issues. It is a very small wound and the Snowflake Moray Eel does not seem bothred by it one bit. I'm guessing it will heal nicely. Does melafix add any type of stress coat because I would hate to render my Seaclone 150 protien skimmer non-functional.

do not add melafix to the main tank. It should be done in a hospital tank only. It would make your skimmer go crazy.

Back
Top Bottom