Soaking in garlic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy68

Aquarium Advice Regular
We have a Skeletor eel that does not eat very well. We have a ghost eel, and a dwarf golden eel and they eat fine. The Skeletor ate fine for the first couple weeks and now just nibbles. We feed minnows, white cloud feeders and krill and feed every other day. Don't have a salt lfs in town so have to drive 3.5 hours to the nearest one. What do they mean about soaking food in garlic and how do you do it? Just garlic from the grocery store?

Dont feed minnows. Fish can get lock jaw from them. Feed frozen if you can. Could be the issue.

Frozen? We have the frozen krill but thaw it in a bowl of tank water first. Do you mean frozen feeders? Have to wait till we go to the lfs in a week or two to see if they have any. Any ideas in the mean time? Two weeks is a long time.

You can use seachem's garlic guard or any other of the hundreds of other kinds out there and just put the food in a cup and add some of the garlic to it and let it soak in for about 15 min. then feed.

tonedogz said:
You can use seachem's garlic guard or any other of the hundreds of other kinds out there and just put the food in a cup and add some of the garlic to it and let it soak in for about 15 min. then feed.

Thanks. I'll try that. I think my pet store sells that stuff. At least till we get to the saltwater fish store for some silversides.

ezy33 said:
You mite try some fresh clams or shrimp if you can find them in a local grocery store.

I thought they had all sorts of bad stuff infused into them that was bad for the fish...? What about snails that we got for my son's lizzard? I think they are just like escargot snails but not cooked. Not 100% sure

Back
Top Bottom