Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2004, 10:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Some lost, some gained...

Well, for reason I don't have very good luck with clownfish... both of mine died But I'm releived that I don't have to deal with sick fish anymore. I got two new fish, a royal gramma and a pygmy angel. They are doing excellent. I am planning on getting two clowns again soon, along with a cleaner shrimp and a few more corals, then I'm done with my "accessories". Wow...if anyone else wants to know the bucket/drip method of acclimation is soooo much better. I don't really remember who recommended it, but thank you! All of my fish are finally eating!!!

Old 03-30-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 10:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I feel yoyr pain on the clowns...sorry. Glad to hear everything is going okay now. Any thoughts on why you lost them? How is your water? When I loose a fish and ther is no sign of disease or trauma, i automaticlly think my water numbers are off. Keep feeding those angles...I have found that they love a varied diet. Good luck...Lando
Old 03-30-2004, 10:23 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, the first clown to go was a wild one...I guess he couldn't handle the fluctuations of an aquarium. The other just stopped eating after the first died. He didn't eat for about a week and a half or so. I think he may have had a hint of the ich, but I did attemp on treating him, along with the whole tank so it wouldn't spread. One day he just got really tipsy and pale...................................... Other than that the water is perfect. Like I said, I think all the "sickness" is gone...my other fish are doing so well, so I can't imagine it was the water, cuz it would effect all of them...
Old 03-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #5
EBR
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi - Being new-ish to SW keeping, forgive me for asking: What is the "bucket/drip method of acclimation"?? Sounds like somethingI should be clued-in on before stocking in earnest. Thanks.
Matt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com