Something got slimed,bad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
What in the world would slime something that died? When I came home from work there was a whole mess of it covering a small clam that had perished. :?: :?: :?:

That slime is coming from the dead animal. Welcome to the wonderful world of the nasty dead invert...YUK!! Smells just as bad as it looks too.

TCTFish said:
That slime is coming from the dead animal. Welcome to the wonderful world of the nasty dead invert...YUK!! Smells just as bad as it looks too.

there must have been a 1/8 cup of slime for something that was a 1/4 inch in size? its not that im doubting,i just cant see that much slime for somthing that small. I also get slime when a hermit get ripped from its shell.Can it be some thing else that uses slime for lets say trapping its prey?

Slime is generally a protective coating on the animal's flesh and perhaps one of the first things to start decomposing. I don't know of anything that uses slime as a way to capture prey.

Back
Top Bottom