Something is eating my angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Todd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just looked at my tank this morning to find my Coral Beauty Angel to be missing some fins. His tail and small side fins are all chewed on. I have had him for about 3-4 mos. and no problems. I have added a Raccoon Butterfly recently, but they swim around each other all the time. The angel seems to be acting a little weird, just staying in one corner of the tank right now. Usually he is roaming around the rock all day. He is eating right now, so I guess that is a good sign. Should I remove him or just keep the others fed more? I will be monitoring all day. Thanks

Sounds like he's pretty stressed out. Do you have a QT you can put him in for a week or two?

I agree, fin rot is more likely a culprit. This is due to stress, most often declining water conditions. Can you list temp, Ph, NH3, NO2, NO3, SG? Diet also plays a major role...what, how and how often are you feeding?

He doing OK, I guess. His fins still don't look good. I have not moved him out of the tank. I have been working alot, lately. Do I have to remove him? I read that there immune systems can fight it off. My water parameters are good(sg 1.022 PH 8.0 Nh,NO2,NO3 all 0). I do a 15% water change every 2 weeks or so.

I would do it every week for a couple weeks. The only way they can fight it off is with pristine water conditions.

Back
Top Bottom