Something killed and ate my cleaner shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
The only thing I added this weekend was a Forktail Blenny, one huge Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit Crab (shell is about the size of a silver dollar) and 5 tiny hermits. What could have killed him?
I checked my water and all levels are 0, Ph 8.3, salinity 1.024.
I fed the tank on Sunday, he was in good shape, moving around, not looking sick. I got home from work last night and his bottom half was the only thing left. He molted on or around Saturday.
Any help would be nice...

Thanks!

Hmmm, is it because of his size? How did he kill it? I did notice he can really truck around the tank. So does this mean all shrimp are out of the question?

***EDIT***
Everywhere I have read, doesn't say they eat shrimp. Unless I am missing something.

I would put my money on that BIG crab.. They will eat what ever they can get their claws on. If the small ones can yank a snail from its shell, a big on IMO would have no problem taking out a cleaner shrimp.

Bummer, that's two different shrimp that I have lost! I check my water and the params are all good. It's just confusing.....

Back
Top Bottom