Something on my Heni

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 Heni Butterflies in qt at this time. One has developed a couple white patches . I'll try and get a better pic, but these guys never stand still. I doesn't look like ich, but he is twitching a bit.
any thoughts?

Did you find out what the problem is? I am seeing the same thing now with my bicolor angel, a white patch and twitching... Thanks for any help! I am starting with some immediate water changes, and research here to see if this needs treatment...

Well, never did figure our exactly what is was. No one seems to know for sure, but we suspected some kind of bacteria or fungus.
I was very persistant with this fish. After losing 3 to this disease, went and purchased 2 more from a different lfs. The same symtoms began to set in and I treated with a combination of Maracyn and Cupramine (in case it was parasitic.).
These 2 fish have recovered fine and are going into the main in a week.
If it looks the same, I would treat pretty quickly. This disease was taking them out pretty fast.

thanks quarryshark,

He is already in the main display since he wasn't eating in qt after 8 days, maybe a day after being in the main tank he shows a small white patch on his side between gill and tail and he is twitching and jerking like he's itchy. He even goes and rubs on my hermit crabs as it were a cleaner shrimp (I don't have one). I was thinking just fungus at first, but now with the itchy behavior I think parasite. The white patch is maybe half the size of his eye, and I only see one. Any suggestions?

I would put him back in qt and consider treating . Lets hope he didn't infect your other fish.

Back
Top Bottom