Something on my Lion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nitrate

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went out of town for 3 days recently and when i got back i noticed some odd discoloration on both sides of my lion. Anyone know what this is? Hes got a great appetite and is as active as ever.

lion.jpg

Looks like abbrasions, possibly from scratching on rocks?? Any signs of ick? Could also be a bacterial infection.

I havent seen him rub on anything, My Longhorn (whom I have named Einstein) nips at him from time to time, but the Lion usually gets his point across. I did treat for what I thought was Ich about 6 weeks or so ago, but no signs that I have any problems now. I will keep an eye out for rubbing, but he hasnt rubbed on anything for the last 8 hours.

I have little experience with Lions, but have been attacked by bateria a couple of times and this doesnt look familiar. Like you mentioned it looks more like an abrasion than anything else and it is uniform on both sides of his body.

Any chance thats a lateral line problem? Doesnt look like it to me, but i just realized my tank isnt grounded and it had about 9 volts running around in it.

Back
Top Bottom