something on tang... ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not ich. But not sure what the heck that is. Maybe it went stupid on you and ran into your rock and it's scar tissue as it heals up its nose? Nice lookin' fish though.

thanks Kurt, i dont know what happened. I just purchased the fish a week ago and didnt notice it at the fish store. I have to say when the guy at the store netted him he was pretty rough. Kinda p'd me off. So i get him home and notice the white stuff on his nose, its gotten worse over the last week. Anything anyone would suggest to help the healing process?

Looks like a fungal problem. I`m at work and dont have my disease links but when I get home I`ll come back to this. Does the white stuff look like little cauliflower or is it like white tufts? You might need to QT him and treat with pimafix. I`ll get back.

Erok... you might've hit it on the nose (sorry... couldn't resist) with the rough netting thought. My first clown was netted kinda rough, and two days later it deleloped a white bump (almost like a blister) under its eye. After the gal netted it (after chasing it all over the tank) she says "Wow... that was the first time I've netted a fish!" Grr.

kurt, I hate it when they dont treat the fish we are buying carefully. my local store never uses a net, always goes after them with a square cup like thing. I bought this one at a store in another town though they are not so careful but have better stock. Anyway, thanks Melosa, from what I read there I'll just give it some time and see what happens. My paramaters cant get much better. If it doesnt clear up i'll look into some treatments.

Last edited:
Hey Erok,

Do you have an update on this? One of my fish developed the same thing on his lip. Curious about how you treated it.

Thanks!

hey Laniloo, The fish has healed and now healthy as far as I can tell. I used melafix in the aquarium for about five days and the condition showed some improvement. I stopped dosing the melafix when I went out of town for a week and a half. When I came home the mouth fungus was almost gone. I cant say for sure if the melafix cured it or if it was time that took care of it. it took three weeks or so.
let me know how you treat your fish and let me know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom