Something wrong with 1 of my clowns?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arliss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There appears to be a white mass on one of the lower fins of one of my clown fish. Is this Ich or something else?

Attachments

• dsc01485_128.jpg
    dsc01485_128.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 28
I will try to take a better pic and post it. I have a question. Most of the pics I have seen of Ich have fish with small white dots. My clown now has 2 white spots but both are large (pea size) and look more like something attached to it. Could this be something else? I have 1 other clown showing no signs. 1 Flame angel showing no signs. 1 red lip benny showing no signs. I'm setting up my QT tank tonight anyway. Should I just move the 1 clown or all of my fish?

Something that big sounds like a fungus or something. Ich is about the size of salt grains

I agree it looks like fungus or bacterial. What are your water parameters? How long have you had the clown?

Very hard to tell from the picture due to light specs... I agree with the rest and psot a better pic, aswell, has your temp changed? Be sure to keep an eye on it...

Pea sized spots does sound like a fungus of some sort, pic?

Back
Top Bottom