Something wrong with my clam?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
This just happened in the past 2-3 days. I've had it for about 5 months and it was doing fine or so I thought. Always spread out open with nice color. Now the center in gone no color and it just stays clamped shut. I've seen hermits in that spot picking away at it. Is it dead? Should I take it out?

Parameters are in check and temp is 80 and had been for some time. It's a BC29 the clam is bottom on rock under AI SOL BLUE LED fixture.

image-3585310562.jpg

image-2076539910.jpg

image-2771748252.jpg

Mine did the same thing. A friend told me to take it out and smell it and you`ll know if it`s dead. Believe me I knew in less than a second that it was dead. You will too.

melosu58 said:
Mine did the same thing. A friend told me to take it out and smell it and you`ll know if it`s dead. Believe me I knew in less than a second that it was dead. You will too.

Yup your right!! Nasty Nasty Nasty! Ugh!! My wife is yelling "get that nasty thing outta here it's stinking up the bedroom" lol not funny but kinda. RIP clammy... Oh well... This is proving to be a trying day!! You should read what's going on with my Cichlid tank.

Schism said:
Sorry for the loss convict. I would have chased my wife with it, lol.

Haha I wanted to in the worst way but she looked like the devil lol. Just a bad day all around for my fish hobby. I'm going to this really nice saltwater shop tomorrow hopefully they'll have a clam. I really like them and want another one. Not sure what happened. It was doing great for like 5 months.

Back
Top Bottom