Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnianblood69 View Post
just scared to put in QT because its so hard to tell if ammonia is 0 or .25 when color is same almost but everything else is 0 in par but when i checked ammonia in QT and DT its almost same color so idk if anything ill pull him when the lights go out and he goes to sleep
Are there any other fish in the tank that are showing signs of being sick?

Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

not really my yellow tang might be he seems to be getting little specals too because theyve been toghter ever since he got ill

Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnianblood69 View Post
not really my yellow tang might be he seems to be getting little specals too because theyve been toghter ever since he got ill
hmm. You have to be very cautious. Not sure which copper treatment you have but I'd pull him, put him in QT and begin treatment with SeaChems Cupramine, cupramine is wide range and effectively eradicates Oodinium, Cryptocaryon, Amyloodinium, Ichthyophthirius, and other Ectoparasites. Or Mardel's Quick Cure.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think its Ich if its spots, not mucus. Hyposalinity will work for Brook or Ich (copper is not the only cure for Ich). I would QT them right away and I would go hypo. The dip will help a little, but will not cure. Leave the DT fallow for eight weeks while treating too. If any fish are in there, it has a host and it will live on.

Just went back and read some older threads and both Ich and brook were mentioned with your tank. What ever happened with those situations? Sometimes fish can just tough it out and overcome things like Ich. If it keeps coming back, I would do something to eradicate it in the DT or it' s just going to be an ongoing problem.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

were am i gunna keep my fish/ invertabrates/ corals for 8 weeks the next biggest tank i have is a 10 gallon qt i have a yellow tang, hippo, 2 clowns, and a diamond goby
Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

Corals and inverts can stay in the DT. They do not host.

If you have a lot of fish, I would consider buying a larger QT. You could also consider moving the corals and inverts to another tank and hypo the DT. Not sure how much you have or how tough that would be though. Maybe there is someone in your area that would loan you a tank for QT?
Old 07-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

ill have to see what i can do but my QT went up to 86 because i put 2 heaters in thinking it will keep the temp steady so wasnt able to put hippo in so put him in my sump hopefully it survives till tomorrow :/

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com