spot on an angels eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilevil

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a 55gal. sw fish only tank.water parameters are all good.i have this coral beauty angel that has a spot on its left eye and the eye looks to be swollen a bit..any suggestions on might this might be and how to fix it .thx....dave

Could be a bacterial problem or the result of a scuffle with another fish. If new, it could also be from netting. Best suggestion is a few water changes with well mixed and settled SW and fortify the foods with some Zoe for the next week. After the the improved feedings and water changes, if there is no improvement after a week, you may need to QT and treat. Hopefully that will not be needed.

Keep watch on the "spot". It could be an oddity or possible parasite. If it goes away after the water changes it's all good. Might just be a slight nick.

Cheers
Steve

My CB had the same thing happen and I posted the same symptoms. It cleared up in just a few days all on it's own. I was prepared to treat, but it looked better so I let it go and kept a close watch.

Back
Top Bottom