spot on clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z_dano

Aquarium Advice Freak
This spot apears to be new today, any ideas?

ForumRunner_20130101_142008.jpg

This is the best photo I could get... The spot is right in front of the last white band.

It's a dark almost black spot. Came out of nowhere, nothing new added to tank for a couple of weeks.

Anyone? I'm worried it is ich but isn't ich white spots?

I'm here I'm not the best person to ask when it comes to saltwater fish but I heard that if it has been hosting in coral it may devolop spots.... Can I ask you if it has been?

It hasn't sadly.

ForumRunner_20130101_205101.jpg

This is what it has been doing most the night, this is also where it sleeps. I'm a little concerned because it usually doesn't do this until the lights go off.

It hasn't sadly.

This is what it has been doing most the night, this is also where it sleeps. I'm a little concerned because it usually doesn't do this until the lights go off.

Awe I'm so sorry..... I hope your fish will be okay so you don't have any stinging thing to hurt your clown anything at all????

This picture explains it more than I do if you have that in your tank....

I don't have a frogspawn.
What I do have is a small GSP, some zoas, moniopora <sic>, trumpet and candycane coral,a Duncan, and some mushrooms and xenia. Just to put it out there.

I don't have a frogspawn.
What I do have is a small GSP, some zoas, moniopora <sic>, trumpet and candycane coral,a Duncan, and some mushrooms and xenia. Just to put it out there.

Anything that stings could be putting the spots on it...that's what I've heard....

Awe I'm so sorry..... I hope your fish will be okay so you don't have any stinging thing to hurt your clown anything at all????

Not that I know of. I just listed what I have, but I don't believe I have anything that would sting it. I wonder if I have an aiptasia I can't see? I just got rid of one last week.

Not that I know of. I just listed what I have, but I don't believe I have anything that would sting it. I wonder if I have an aiptasia I can't see? I just got rid of one last week.

If that aiptasia that you got rid of last week might have had a chance of stinging it I would research it and if that was about when that spot appeared

Also I'm sorry i really am not an expert in saltwater and I don't know really of any plants or corals and stuff so I don't know which ones sting I'm sorry.... I only know anemones and coral....

The spot is new today. I've had very little luck researching unfortunately. I will look some more and hope to find something. Thanks for your help.

Doesn't look like ich to me... I don't know what it is but I'm almost certain its not. Ich, like you stated, is white spots not black. And regarding him sleeping like that in the corner, seems like
normal clown behavior...

The spot is new today. I've had very little luck researching unfortunately. I will look some more and hope to find something. Thanks for your help.

Anytime! It also could have developed over night where you couldn't observe too! If you need help researching also I can do some research for you....

Doesn't look like ich to me... I don't know what it is but I'm almost certain its not. Ich, like you stated, is white spots not black. And regarding him sleeping like that in the corner, seems like
normal clown behavior...

Maybe I'm freaking out a little bit. It usually doesn't do that until the lights go out though. But maybe I'm jumping the gun a little.

Anything that stings could be putting the spots on it...that's what I've heard....
I totally didn't see that post earlier... stupid phone, i guess technology can only take you so far. I tried searching earlier from my phone with no luck and as soon as I pick up the laptop i found something similar to what you said about stinging. Basically zoas or gsp could potenitally sting it if it's trying to host it.... which brings me from freaked to excited. :)

I totally didn't see that post earlier... stupid phone, i guess technology can only take you so far. I tried searching earlier from my phone with no luck and as soon as I pick up the laptop i found something similar to what you said about stinging. Basically zoas or gsp could potenitally sting it if it's trying to host it.... which brings me from freaked to excited. :)

Ok that's good... The only thing I found about the spot is something is stinging it and it will soon get better over some time...

Back
Top Bottom