Spot on my Blue Atlantic Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tonight I noticed a brown spot on my tang. He is very obsessed with the sea weed I put in the tank. To keep the other fish away from it he swims fast by the sea weed and brushes against the sand bed. I think he does this to intimate the other fish. Do you think this is what is causing the spot. He is starting to turn Blue and the spot gets a little lighter as his moods change.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429240999048.jpg
    1429240999048.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 1429241125534.jpg
    1429241125534.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 101
Well, more specific ID will be required and I am far from an expert in matters like this.
Wait until there is a better ID. If it is a fungus or infection it will need to be treated, depending on what it is, but you'll have to set up some sort of setup for it to do so.

I woke up this morning and the brown spot was barely noticeable. Would that happen with a fungus infection?

I wonder, can a fish have a birth mark. I know it's a stupid question. But the spot gets darker and lighter with his moods. I'm thinking maybe I ll watch it.

Well my tang is ok. The spot disappeared. Who knows. That was weird. I'll keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom