Sps dying??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Madreefer420

Aquarium Advice Freak
It began to fade after A day of it being in the tank was placed in there with a sponge that has spread to another rock already dunno what happened calcium is up and and mu dk is 11 it was green kinda hard to see the green that is left under the antic lighting will post another tomorrow

Attachments

• image-1812004708.jpg
    image-1812004708.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3430258084.jpg
    image-3430258084.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 117
It is covered in algae. That is the first thing when I see it. You need more flow.
What kind of lighting are you running exactly? Did you attempt to acclimate it to your tank's lighting at all?

Yea I put it on the bottom of the tank and worked it up it's been in direct flow the hole time my return to the tank is blowing right on it and I have 2 250w MH

Not long enough. SPS are usually sensitive guys if you aren't in the realm of montis and other "easier" sps. With your lighting being 2 250 mh, I'd assume that it didn't have enough time to adjust to your lighting. When I get sps, or any coral for that matter, they stay in the sandbed for atleast a week. I even have one that is still in the sandbed after...maybe a month/2 months. He is extending his polyps and I just decided to keep him there since he was doing well.

From the top or bottom? When I have had tissue loss on some of my SPS, I used my cyanoacylade glue on the spot where it was receeding to stop it. Not enough lighting isn't always the issue for recession. Since you had just added this sps, I would have given that a shot...but that is alot of algae on the top branches. It might be lost. Thought on cutting off the death and adding some glue to the cuts?

I take that back. Can I see an updated pic with all lights on? Hard to tell what is going on with the blues only. What color is the coral supposed to be? Infact, what type of coral is it supposed to be, is it a damicornis or a small bushy acro?

Sniperhank said:
From the top or bottom? When I have had tissue loss on some of my SPS, I used my cyanoacylade glue on the spot where it was receeding to stop it. Not enough lighting isn't always the issue for recession. Since you had just added this sps, I would have given that a shot...but that is alot of algae on the top branches. It might be lost. Thought on cutting off the death and adding some glue to the cuts?

Glue? Fist full spa coral I have brains and candycanes and stuff but never had a full Sps yet plz elaborate

Also my sponge seems to be dying I'm thinking I need to move it down maybe in touch light I was told it likes a lot of light but there is the Sps think I should trim the death

Attachments

• image-98602027.jpg
    image-98602027.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1755693240.jpg
    image-1755693240.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 66
If you have some bleaching on sps you can pit a dab of glue on it it cam stop tissue recession. I did it with my pink domicornis....name isnt right but im at work.

I think a little bit when I was trying to get it outa the bag it was really ackward shape but the Sps should I cut the dead off and try from there cause the spots that are there seem to be staying there

Does it look like its coming back should I trim off the dead Skelton or leave it it looks like it has start to grow back over on some spots

Attachments

• image-523716512.jpg
    image-523716512.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1215508387.jpg
    image-1215508387.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom