1. Type & how long you have had it: green Star polyps and zoanthids had over 3 years, lots of growth.
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: uvl v-hot5 overdriven 4x85 watts over a 75 gallon 3 superactinic and one 10,000k aquasun
10. Liquid or strip test kits:liquid
11. Location in tank:various top and bottom
12. Current amount of flow:4700gph
13. Current tank dosing regimen: kalk
14. Nearby coral: 2 montis, 1 birdsnest, huge cabbage leather, torch coral, candy coral, mushrooms, and a medium sized hydno.
15. Explanation of problem:while batteling a dino problem for months,(thought it was cyano
), about a month ago I changed gfo
to brs gfo
and did a 3 day lights out period, after that I lost all my xenia(about hlf the aquarium)I lost my gbta that I had had for 3 years, and my green star polys and zoanthids closed up, The leather was slothing every few days and had dinos growing on it. everything looked like it was headed for a crash. I increased the flow by adding a maxijet mod and and started dosing 10 ml peroxide and running a pleated micron filter. as well as wet skimming, I have been trying to keep my ph over 8.4 and raised my alkalinity, Two weeks ago I stopped running the gfo
. I also last week did a thorough vacuuming of the sand and did it again this week, I am slowly seeing the dinos go away. And the greenstarpolyps just in the past week have started coming back out, and yesterday noticed some of the zoanthids starting to reopen. This whole time the stony corals seemed fine and grew like never before. I am glad to see that things are improving but what caused this?