Starfish falling apart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its dying.... you might want to take it out before it fouls your tank. Sorry for your loss.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Starfish are sometimes doomed from the start. What kind was it? Some are just plain difficult to keep and are expert only. I think alot of the problem is the way they are harvested. They shouldnt be exposed to air when putting them in the tanks. Even if you did everything right you can't know if the person working with it before you did everything right. Acclimation, water quality, etc...:facepalm:

Not sure of the name, but it was this kind:

img_2416171_0_3d1d78d088cb699d2f7d4d5eef39f243.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how long did you have it? I have had those before and they didnt last long. Marbled sea star? Its a nice looking star though. Like I said...sorry for your loss. It's very disconcerting when something dies and you don't know what happened. Happens alot in this hobby though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Fish are very hard to keep long term mainly because their diet/nutrition needs are hard to replicate in tanks..

Frank

They starve and then fall apart .. Serpant stars are pretty hardy and have great success in the reef tank...

Alot of your starfish can not be exposed to air. When I had my linknia stars I had to make sure it did not get exposed to air.

Back
Top Bottom