Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to jasno999 Send a message via MSN to jasno999
Still havign issues with sand polyups.

Not sure what is goign on anymore. These guys just don't seem to be doing well. My mushrooms and my bubble coral are doing great. but the polyups will not come out.

I had them high in my tank in an area that was getetign a lot of flow from the HOM skimmer and powerhead. I figured that the flow was too high or the lighting was too much (96W power quad on a 10 gallon) for them.

So I decided to move them to a little crevice next to the mushrroom that was at the bottom of the tank. However after being there for a few days they woudl nto open up.

I realiezed that this location probably had less light but also have very little flow. So I figured I better move them back to their original spot. But since that move one 3 have opened up out of 20 or so.

I jsut don't knwo what I am doign wrong with these guys. They are supposed to be hardy and love areas with med-high flow and lighting. I realie there is some truma in movign them but somehting is jsut not right. What can I do to get these guys to come out, be happy and spread? I got them cause I wanted them to start carpeting some of my rocks- but I am gettig no new growth.

Old 03-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
one of the problems is that you keep moving them. It takes a good while for them to acclimate to a new spot and get used to the different flow and lighting, and that is a heck of alot of light. Not only that, you may be expecting too much too soon. The growth will likely be slow when it does start occuring.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:48 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to jasno999 Send a message via MSN to jasno999
SO what do you think I should do? Leave them higher up or move them back down low and let them be? High is more flow and more light. Low is very low flow and a little less light.

What would you do?

Tags
sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com