Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2004, 02:37 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

i cannot tell the board my ammonia nitrite and nitrate readings because i did not test the water now. it is 1:33 am where im at and the water was tested about 2 days ago. however, i can affirm that they were in range. the temp is 78 degrees F. and no, the plants are not freshwater, as this is a saltwater tank. they are not plastic either. they are real saltwater plants.
andrei
ps i did not post a question to be mocked.

Old 04-07-2004, 02:40 AM   #12
cj10488

BTW Welcome to AA fakewake00

A few good suggestions would be find out what your exact parameters are.. Also If you have ever used Copper in your tank that kinda limits you to what you can have.. All the other fish that you have had Had to die for some reason or another.. After posting you tank stats like how long its been up what equiptment your using and so on so forth a good suggestion for an awesome fish would be the Volitan Lionfish Very awesome and easy to care for as long as your tank has the equipment to support them.. Just about any of the lionfish.. Also an Assorted Angler would be another cool fish to look into.. Please research whatever fish you decide.. If you have ever used Copper in this tank then that really limits what you can have..

HTH<
James
Old 04-07-2004, 02:51 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, Welcome Fakewake00...
I doubt anyone meant to mock you. There are a lot of people that come to this site that have been severely misinformed by their LFS so people just ask to make sure. There are A LOT of stores that don't care what they sell to who, so it is possible for someone out there to end up with the wrong plants in the wrong tank... I'm sure no one meant to insult you at all. The people here just like to know every little detail so they can give you the very best advice they can. Again, welcome and I hope you'll have better luck with whatever fish you chose next...
Old 04-07-2004, 02:57 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

no worries
Old 04-07-2004, 11:47 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome Fakewake00!!! I dont want to beat a dead horse here, but please list as much detail about your tank as you possibly can. This way, the people here (Fellow fish and reef keepers mind you, not fish stores!!!) can give you educated advice.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:33 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Anrei can go to any of the online vendors that sell fish and also have fish information with it...such as liveaquaria.com, marinedepotlive.com, etropicals.com
He needs to learn to do his own research instead of us telling him what he should buy. But first and foremost, he needs to learn how to care for his tank.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:40 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry if you don't like the responses. These guys are hardcore. But really, as you read you'll find out lots of people get in your situation because fish stores often don't care what you have at home as long as they make a sale.
I've found if you give as much info about your set-up as you can, you'll get pretty good answers. But... they aren't always what you want to hear.
good luck,
-Mark
Old 04-07-2004, 07:52 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

A horse shoe crab...

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:55 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

That's true. Horseshoe crabs are very cool and rather sting-ray-like as well.
Are they very hardy?
-Mark
Old 04-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
horseshoe crabs are inappropriate for home aquariums, they get too big, too fast.

Tags
die, died, ray, sting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com