Strange Flame Angel Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfishguy56

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my Flame Angel for about 4 months now. I feed it a concoction of Formula 2, Seaweed Selects, Angel Formula, and Pygmy Angel Formula. It also eats everything else in the mix - formula 1, blood worms, and mysis shrimp. She is in perfect health as is my water. I do twice a month water changes and empty out my Aqua C protein skimmer twice a week. All other fish doing very well, even my crazy clownfish which spends all day popping bubbles at the water's surface. Hey, to each his own right? My problem is that I think my Flame Angel went crazy last week, because it spends all day speeding through the tank non stop, except at feeding time or to pick off the live rocks when something catches her eye. She even swims at the surface and sticks her head out of the water, then shoots back down and swims through the rocks as if she's trying to win the gold medal at the olympics. At first, this frightened the other fish into hiding, but now they're used to her crazy behavior. It's kinda funny to see, but it's worrying me some. I've searched several websites to see if anyone's experienced this, to no avail. Is this normal behavior? Should I worry? How do I get her to behave? Has she gone mad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
by the way, my tank is 55 gallons with about 75lbs of live rock and plenty of open swimming space through and above the rocks. I wish i had a pic cuz it looks quite great i must say :).

Back
Top Bottom