Strange things on my snowflake moray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doza

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am a little concerned about my eel. When I brought him home from the store, I noticed that he had what looked like a little fleshy string hanging off of him. He didn't seem to notice and the guy at the store said that it was normal. He's been in my tank for about 3 1/2 weeks now. He eats well and has found a hollowed out piece of LR that he calls home. When he comes out for his feeding now, there are a lot more of those stringy things on him. Are they some kind of worm or parasite? I have been trying to get a pic, but my camera isn't good enough.

These things are about 3/4" in length (the eel is around 8"). There are more around his head than any other part of his body. Must be about 8 of them now. I have a quarantine tank running now, but I don't know if I need to treat him for anything or not. Any advice? If I do need to quarantine him, any ideas on how i can get him out without moving around all of the LR?

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom