Strangest Dying Fish Ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had a longhorn cowfish for about 6 months now in my tank. Off and on he would have a couple spots on his fins (not sure what they were, but they definitely weren't ich). They never seemed to affect him, and he always recovered fully. He hasn't had any lately. Everything in my tank has been going quite well recently, as well. All my water checks out.

So, this afternoon I went to turn on the lights in my tank and I noticed that my longhorn cowfish looked a bit more yellow than usual. He's typically a lighter, almost clearish color with a yellow tint. My first thought was that it was pretty, but then I saw the way he was swimming. He had lost his equilibrium and was bouncing into the glass and spinning around and such. Upon further inspection I found absolutely no signs of stress, disease, or parasites. I've again tested my water and everything is perfect. I also have been running GAC for the last few days so if there's a foreign contaminent, I doubt it's the cause.

All I've done so far is catch him (extremely easy, and stress-free), and put him in a Ziplock bag. He's float in the tank in the bag. I figured this would relieve a bit of his stress as he no longer needs to swim. He can just rest in the bag (which he is currently doing). It also will save my other fish from any toxins he may emit (however, I've never seen any signs of those rumors being true).

Currently he is still unresponsive to any stimulus including bumping into things (including my finger) or seeing his food container. I've never seen a fish recover from the point he appears to be at, but since I can't see any sign of what is ailiing him, I just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on the matter.

Back
Top Bottom