Stress???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeladawng

Aquarium Advice Activist
bought a 75 gallon setup about 8 weeks ago...cycled and ready to go....everything with water params is perfect. went out yesterday and made first livestock purchase...bi color angel...he's GORGEOUS...so excited and I love him...here's the problem:

acclimated him in small rubbermaid tub, replacing water he came in with water from tank until water level was quadrupled in tub to what it started....put him in tank and he swam for a minute or two then went strait to the bottom on his side, breathing hard. stayed that way for about a half hour and then all of a sudden, BOOM, righted himself and started swimming around for about 10 minutes, then he found a cave in the rocks and went back on his side for about an hour, then righted himself again. he started swimming around in and out of the caves but won't venture out, hides most of the time. wanted no part of any food last night (tryed mysis and flakes) and this morning he has white spots all over him. put a drop of garlic extreme on his mysis this morning and he wants no part of it. There is nothing else in the tank except the rocks....will check on him when I get home from work but I am not really sure what to do and I apologize for being so long winded....

White spots, are they small spots? Like the size of sugar? Could be stressed also. Sometimes fish just need time to settle in.

The white spots is what concerns me. Can you get a pic?

White spots could be sand, especially if he was going on his side, but could be Ich too. The not eating and hiding a lot is typical when introducing a fish to a new tank.

water parameters are us full the words perfect don't help us help you
It's the #numbers we need

just got home from work and he's getting a little braver....swimming out more. threw some flakes in but he still won't touch them. white spots looked like sugar this morning but are now about 98% gone.

water params: amm 0 nitrite 0 pH 8.1 nitrate <5

him not eating really concerns me :( and the spots just going away like that too....I had a yellow tang that happened to years ago and they came back a few days later worse than they were and he was dead within hours....that's why I quit salt way back then...

good to hear it was prob sand on him
params look good
garlic sometimes works
I lost a flame angel sun from not eating

it wasn't sand on him because I am using crushed coral as substrate...that's why I am still concerned about the spots because I think they might come back....experience with that tang years ago really scared me away from salt...it's been 20 years since I've had a tank

Back
Top Bottom