Stressed men need help quick!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a long tentacle anemone from my LFS yesterday. it got stressed two days before from getting sucked into the sump. the LFS sold him to me for 20$ and said I could take a chance with him. he was looking good in my tank then today this happened.

Yesterday he opened like this

This morning he looks like this

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Params, tank age, lighting, acclimation method? Specifics please :) can't help with "good" or "perfect".

I forgot what my params are lighting is a 50/50 reef lightbulb tank is far more than a year old

I acclimated him with a turkey baster
For 3-4 hours

A 50/50 PC bulb? That's no where near enough lighting. Nems require intense lighting, you might have enough for softies only. Params also should be pristine. IMHO your not set up to keep this animal, returning it is your best option.

I had another nem for over 8 months with a 50/50

This nem is twitching as if something's touching its foot it's also stretching now but even at LFS it wasn't anchored to anything what can I do to encourage it to anchor

You can't make an anemone stay in one place. It will stay in a spot where it is happy, with proper lighting and flow.
If it is stretching, this is it reaching towards the light. Most anemone we keep in aquariums require high intensity lighting, something that a single 50/50 bulb won't do...I normally recommend 6 T5HO bulbs for anemone, though smaller, more shallow tanks can get away with 4.
As for the general health of this long tentacle anemone, you will need to keep your water pristine for it to recover after getting sucked into a powerhead. Put yourself in those shoes of getting sucked into a window fan. The lighting not being accurate isn't helping with it getting healthy, it is injured and starving. This is preventing it from having enough energy to recover. Keep in mind, if the foot is damaged it may never recover.

Did you have a condyactlis nem? They tend to be much less light demanding. Like the other 2 said you need more light

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom