Stressed to death??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raker333

Aquarium Advice Activist
Came home to hermit crabs munching on the remains of one of my Green chromis.

For the last 3 days, the larger (Not by much) chromis has been forcing the smaller one into the corner of the tank.
I was wondering if the small one died of stress?
When we first got these they both were swimming together and then the larger one established a more dominant position over the other

The larger one comes up to the glass when i come into the room but forced the other back to the corner when he tried to come out.

After reading a bunch on the chromis, it is reccomended to add them in odd number so they will school.

Since I only bought 2 of them I wonder if that was the reason why one became dominant.

any ideas would be great.

I had 2 false percs. that showed the same behavior. The smaller/harassed fish died after a few months. I never reached a conclusion why, but I beleive that stress is what caused the death.

If i can get the remaining chromis to stay alive for a full month I will then add 2 more of the same size chromis.... then wait a month or so and add a pair of baby clowns

Back
Top Bottom