Striated angler hunger strike?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm pretty sure that's what I'm dealing with. I usually feed him every 3 days along with my colored angler who eats like a pig. The past 6 or 7 days my striated wont eat. Today he took the food (I feed thawed silversides on a stick or sometime just drop them in) but then about 30 seconds later spit it out. Maybe it was too large of a piece but it didn't seem so. It also took him a long time to grab it. Any other time he'd lunge right away. He followed the food on the stick and wiggled his esca too. There were a few hermits bothering him and an emerald crab grabbing at the fish before he took it so maybe he was annoyed. Anyone else with an angler/frogfish ever deal with this and what should I do besides try to feed him? Anyone know how long he can last without eating?

There's chromis in the tank but neither angler look at them. I could try feeders but he had no problem eating frozen since day one. I might go get some ghost shrimp soon I guess but I'm scared the other angler will eat them before the striated.

Mines a reef tank. They're fine with my corals. I just won't chance getting a nem because anglers perch on things. So I have polyps, shrooms and LPS in my tank. It's two anglers and two chromis. I'm almost thinking about adding one more nano fish because I doubt my anglers will touch it.

Yah I have a mated pair of clarkii clowns a GBTA. I have a150 gal that I just got and have no idea what to do with it yet maybe a predator FOWLR.

Yay! He finally ate! It's been over a week. He's kept it down for about 10 minutes so as long as he doesn't cough it up again we'll be good. I'm happy. Poor thing snatched the fish really fast today. Must've been starving.

Back
Top Bottom