striped eel catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinph

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my cat fish has a huge belly like he just ate a bunch of food, which is what i thought at first but hes had it for a few weeks now he eats normal swims normal and does everything likes its all cool but his belly still looks like it's gona burst, you guys have any idea on what it could be and how i could fix it. no picture attached, at work. :troop:

well i was doing some research online to see if could find anything about the belly and i think that it might be pregant, from what i read they breed in the summer time and the male will find a nice little cave for the female to lay their eggs. and this morning half the sand in my tank was moved so he may be trying to find a sutiable area for her. this is jsut a guess if anyone has anyother info on why it's belly would be so bloated it would be much appreacated. if it lays eggs or get smaller or dies i will update again so people know.

Update i was right it was pregant after weeks of me worrying about it and finally posting it on here it decided to leg it's eggs, it's super skinny now! so hopefully in seven days i will have Striped eel Catfish babies, and then soon after that i will have food for my Niger triggers lol again if i get babies i will update so you guys can be on the up and up!

Back
Top Bottom