Superman Montipora Bleaching

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
I got a nice Superman Montipora frag over a month ago and noticed about a week ago it was beginning to bleach. There are small spots that look like bare skeleton now. :-(

Some details:

I didnt do any light acclimation since it was under MH at the LFS. Despite being about 12in away from my 4 bulb t5 light, it seemed to be just fine. I decided to frag a small piece off to put into my other tank that has LEDs. Both pieces healed very quickly and even gained a nicer blue than before.

The frag in the LED tank is doing great. Its encrusting its plug already and has the nicest shade of blue with bright red polyps.

The "mother" is getting darker blue in some areas, has poor polyp extension, and is losing tissue little by little around its ridges.

I have other montiporas in the tank that are doing great, including a nice sunset montipora. I also have acroporas that are doing well.

My tank is nearly 2 years old...

Parameters:
Ca = 440ppm
dKH - 9-10
temp =77F
pH = 8.2

Ive put the "mother" in the led tank, on the bottom and off to the side since the other is doing so well. Ive also cranked the LEDs down very low.

I didnt see any sort of nudis on it, nor does anything seem to bother it.

Any ideas?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom