Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Suspect: Marine Velvet

Hey everyone,
For those of you who follow my tank build thread, you have heard that there have been two deaths in the past five days in the tank.
One clown fish and a coral beauty have very unfortunately passed.
The other clownfish in the tank is the current point of diagnosis. When the coral beauty passed, it showed almost no signs of disease. When the next clownfish passed, a few white spots leaving the suspect to be ich. However most of you know, that ich does not spread this fast or is enough lethal to harm all the stock. Leaving the very similar looking and dangerous Marine Velvet as the suspect.

Here is where your help comes in. I have attached several photos of the remaining clownfish; and I need you all to help me verify of find the real source of disease.

The clownfish and a goby are the only two things left in the tank. The goby is showing no signs of infection, thankfully.

It is quite difficult to capture a photo with the detail needed. If you notice the bruise like bump on the clowns first stripe. Marine velvet does cause fish to bump into things very easily, meaning they may be from bumping. Or it could be some form of inflammation. Thoughts?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403205725.680517.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	240830Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403205787.650385.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	240831
55g Reef Build
Macscale is offline   Reply With Quote

marine, spec, velvet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com