Swollen eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bray84

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi guys one my fish got a swollen eye, I just came home from work and notice fish sitting at top with a swollen eye. It wasn't swollen yesterday when done a wc so maybe had fight and hit it on rock. Is there anything I can do to help the little guy as don't want him to die. Thx

Pop eye is an illness that is a reflection with what is going on in the water column. I would do water changes until the parameters are in check. The eye will return to normal, but the damage to the eye might already be done.

I too agree with sniperhank. Usually a water issue. High ammonia or nitrites. Have you checked your water parameters.

Not showing any ammonia or nitrites, no3 was about 10 and pho read 8 so done 45% wc today and got enough water for 35% tomorrow

Well since I still had a qt tank running I've put the fish in it and got some melafix to try help

Done 3 40% on tank since, and lowered pho and no3. Using a new product for phos but can't get it to kick as needs really fast flow in sump so might go back to what was using before. I've moved fish to qt so water good and started dosing so will see if pulls through.

Just little update, done week course off melafix and eye gone down a bit but fish not eating much. Feeding him pods and other live food and only seen take few bites. Done 40% wc to get mess out water and going do 30% tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom