Swollen Zoanthid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melnshn0321

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All!

My Zoanthids are looking a little strange for the past several days. One of the polyps have always been "swollen" looking and I've had this colony for a good month with no problems.. But now I'm noticing that it is more swollen with what looks like a black speck but from the side you can see its a clear bubble and now it is looking like other little bumps are forming. I am hoping not zoapox!! I wouldn't know for sure if that's what it is because all of the polyps are still fully open. Does anyone have any insight on what this might be? My water parameters are as follows:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrates - 0
Nitrates - 0
Phosphates - 0
pH - 8.2
Calcium - 420
Salinity - 1.025
Temp - ranging between 75 and 77
This colony is placed at the top on my 29 gallon nano. Lighting is 105 w CF and is around three months old.

If anyone has any ideas on what this might be... I would appreciate your insight!

Melissa

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Still didn't attach second picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 137
Thanks Sniperhank! Did you happen to notice the second picture with the black hole?

Thanks! I am hoping that what it is. I am going to keep my eye on it. Last night when I was looking at it.. It looked like some type of pod was eating on it. I used the turkey baster and blasted it off. I can't tell the difference between the pods so I don't know if it was amphipod or copepod. I read in other threads that some pods will eat Zoanthids if they are dying but this colony appears to be quite healthy.

Back
Top Bottom