Tang acting funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piercy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
I brought this tang yesturday and acclimated him and after 5 minutes his colour came back and he was happily swimming around eating the algae growing on the rock but I came home from work today and he's lying against rocks with his fins up and colour completely different. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407776831.001651.jpg this was him happy and this is him today. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407776862.441079.jpg he's just sort of rolling around the fool turning sideways ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It is not happy in either picture . The white spots are classic naso tang stress spots. You need to figure out what is causing the stress . Can you give details about your setup and current water parameters ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The water parameters are:
Ammonia 0
Nitrates - <5
Salinity 1.024
Alk - 9
Ph-8.3
Temp 24.5
The first pic is what he looking like in the fish shop and when he is swimming around eating. I think I have found the problem I have a fireball angel that swims up to him every time the tang tries to move. The fire ball is very territorial but wouldn't think he would go after the tang. The tang is small about 1.5/2" and the tank is 400 ltr. I would remove the fireball but he was the very first fish I had ever got and also survived an outbreak of ich when every other fish died. I also have 2 Picasso clowns and star blenny 3 chromis and a chalk goby. 2 cleaner shrimp corals ect

He keeps swimming into rocks and turned upside down

He was in a tank with a lion fish ate the fish store

Back
Top Bottom