Tang Fin Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sundance2011

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The fins on my Yellow and Blue Tangs are disappearing/deformed (see image). They were OK when purchased and over the past 2 or 3 months I have seen this problem. There is no indication of a problem other than the fin condition, they are peppy, eating well and I have seen no discoloration at the fin. There is discoloration on the belly of the Yellow Tang but that may be normal, I don't know but doesn't seem to be associated with the fin if not normal. Water chemistry is OK (except nitrates a little high) and have a Cyano problem but it's being addresses.

Any idea what the problem is, what is causing it and how to remedy it.

Obviously I will not bring back the missing fin but I want to eliminate the cause so it does not progress.

Thanks

Attachments

• Tangfin.jpg
    Tangfin.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 80
How big is your tank? What other fish live in there? They could be getting harassed or stressed from other inhabitants or not enough space?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank is an 80G and I have a Blue Tang (which is also suffering from the same problem), A clown and a 6 line wrasse, that is it.

Back
Top Bottom