Tang fingerprint disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpruter

Aquarium Advice Activist
My purple tang just started showing theses odd white large "fingerprint" patterns on both sides of body and I'm wondering if anyone has seen this and or think it might be something other than fingerprint disease? Any help truly appreciated!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427865368.642603.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427865467.882872.jpg

I've had him for over 8 months. Been super healthy up until this point. Never bullied or have any problems with tank mates. Now he's hiding and not eating and I'm super concerned. Not really scratching or swimming funny just hiding out. He tries to back that thing up for the cleaner wrasse but the wrasse just ignores him. :(

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427865623.909346.jpg

Latest tank params:
Temp-78.5
Salin- 1.025
Amo- 0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-<2.5
Ph-8.3
Alk-8.9
Calc-445
Mag-1280
Phos- <.15
Tank size-300 gallon

One day prior I removed two mp40's for a few hours to soak in vinegar to help remove coraline algae. (but then rinsed, dried and installed back into the tank)

Three days prior the wife brought home a bubble tip anemone and two gobies. (which I did not qt)

Started soaking food in garlic and vitamin c but no luck in getting him to eat today.

Any thoughts on id / treatment?

Thank you!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427865749.083274.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427865749.083274.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 100
Very sorry about your loss. He is a beautiful fish and I've been following your build thread.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It almost looks like a bacterial infection inside the fish. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks guys. Could well have been a bacterial infection. Have no idea. Tried to study him a bit out of the tank and one side did have some redness to it.

Will be doing a few water changes over this next week and will keep soaking food in garlic and vitamin c.

Ugh. Real bummer!

Back
Top Bottom