Tang Not Eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Tang 2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I turned my puffer back cause he ate my inverts and the lfs let me get another fish 4 it . So they had a kole tang and thats what i got. I bought him thrusday and he hasnt ate . I left some seaweed out 4 him but he didnt eat it. I have been seeing him eat off rocks but i walk 2 the tank and he go's 2 hide . What should i do?

Since he hasn't been in the tank very long I wouldn't stress yet. Give him a few days to adjust. You may also try soaking the seaweed in garlic.

Yeah mine took two weeks to get acclimated to the tank and surroundings... You can try Mysis Shrimp as well they will eat that too.....

Not the same fish but similar behaviour, my Blonde Naso was the same but now one of the first to hover for the seaweed........ it will happen.

Not the same fish but similar behaviour, my Blonde Naso was the same but now one of the first to hover for the seaweed........ it will happen.
This has gone 4, 2 weeks and my kole tang still hasnt ate yet . All he eats is just eating off rock. Part of him is white . What should i do?

Some fish it takes much longer to get acclimated. Has he found a place to hang out by himself? As long as he is eating off rocks it should be ok. You do have algae in your tank correct? If so, it should not be an issue. Just leave the seaweed over night and just let it go. Does he looked starved at all, or is his stomach looking good. Send us a picture if you can!

Some fish it takes much longer to get acclimated. Has he found a place to hang out by himself? As long as he is eating off rocks it should be ok. You do have algae in your tank correct? If so, it should not be an issue. Just leave the seaweed over night and just let it go. Does he looked starved at all, or is his stomach looking good. Send us a picture if you can!
Yes he has found a place by himself. Well if i leave seaweed in my tank my foxface will eat it . I will ty 2 get a picture

It sounds to me the white patches may be due to lack of correct vitamins......... which is due to not eating the right foods. We need him to try and break the circle, have you tried putting in some caleurpa to tease him out or attached seaweed near his hiding place to encourage him to eat it. I wouldn't panic to much if he is eating something, as another question is the foxface aggresive towards it? Especially at the clip of seaweed.

He may be talking about the spur on the side of him. Is it near his tail? If so, that is normal in this fish.

It sounds to me the white patches may be due to lack of correct vitamins......... which is due to not eating the right foods. We need him to try and break the circle, have you tried putting in some caleurpa to tease him out or attached seaweed near his hiding place to encourage him to eat it. I wouldn't panic to much if he is eating something, as another question is the foxface aggresive towards it? Especially at the clip of seaweed.
No the foxface is not agreessive to the tang . cause they always hang out 2 gether. But any seaweed left out the foxface will eat . No what is caleurpa?

Algae that grows in your system or placed in a fuge, you can even buy it from your LFS. Tangs love it!

Back
Top Bottom