Tang not looking well - help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atif

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey - i just read prettyfishes post and now i'm worried.
i have a yellow tang (one week since i got him from the lfs) - i think that i have learned my lesson on QT and it's importance :cry:
ok - here is the situation, it's hard to tell on the pictures but there seem to be some small pimples/bumps over his body and some discoloration around the fin. he is eating well an playing with the other fish but still a bit shy. i can't tell if there are white spots on him or not (the ich) beacuse he is soo yellow. his freind the clown who i got from the same lfs at the same time may have a white spot on him but again can't be 100% sure 'cos i might be looking too hard for something that itn't there !.

1. I'm gonna start on the galric thing straight away.
2. Any other suggestions other than the QT (yikes).
3. I have read reefrunners QT paper - what does a sponge filter look like and any air pump ? clearly i don't have week to soak the sponge in my sump, but i did a water 10% water change today - should i use some of that water in the QT?
4. My regular lfs suggested kick ich which is supposed to be reef safe - any ideas about this stuff - supposed to be very low level.

Thanks. Atif

I actually don't think this is a case of a parasite problem unless my eye's are deceiving me, what your tang looks like it has is HLLE.

Best solution for that is a proper herbavor diet combined with the use of Selcon soaked foods. The problem is either just beginng or on it's way out. Either way can be helped rather easily if the tank itself is up to par.

I am also hoping that this tang is not being housed in the 38 gal tank listed in your profile :?:

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom