Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2004, 12:29 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

it is really a pretty tank...i hope it continues to be successful for u

30lbs base rock
6lbs Brazilian LR
35lbs sand (20lbs of lfs ls i think it cycled my tank faster)

3 blueleg hermits
4 turbo snails
royal gramma
gold stripped maroon clown
crage34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:43 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to lukasnca
Is the tank 100g? Did you add them all at once? If so how did you QT so many fish?

Old 06-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #13

No, Yes, Magic

I don't QT any fish, and these tangs in particular went from the bag to the tank since I had to rush to work. I have never had any problems, as far as im concerned if they live through capture a temp change, and water chemistry change isn't going to kill them. I think QT is a great thing, but ive had people tell me there fish died in Qt then theres always that question about "would it have lived if i just added it to the main". To me the sooner the fish is in a "more" natural environment with more space the better it's chances are. I know this can be quite a discussion, but thats not the purpose of this thread. Some of you may think my methods are irresponsible, but Ive only lost two fish. Both were jumpers.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #14

Old 06-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to yaksplat Send a message via MSN to yaksplat Send a message via Yahoo to yaksplat
what jumped?
Old 06-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #16

six line, and a green blotched parrot AKA red dwarf parrot.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:16 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have you tried to lighten your pictures using microsoft Photo editor? It might help to show off those beautiful fish.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
dralarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tell you what, your tank may be overstocked but it sure looks better than mine. **** algae!

Good luck with your experiment, that tank must be really cool to look at.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:54 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six-Line
No, Yes, Magic

I don't QT any fish, and these tangs in particular went from the bag to the tank since I had to rush to work. I have never had any problems, as far as im concerned if they live through capture a temp change, and water chemistry change isn't going to kill them. I think QT is a great thing, but ive had people tell me there fish died in Qt then theres always that question about "would it have lived if i just added it to the main". To me the sooner the fish is in a "more" natural environment with more space the better it's chances are. I know this can be quite a discussion, but thats not the purpose of this thread. Some of you may think my methods are irresponsible, but Ive only lost two fish. Both were jumpers.
Actually, that seems like a valid argument. BTW, I know it's not your intention, but have you noticed any schooling behavior?

Don't forget to check AA Sponsors first.

www.macna2006.com
saberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:39 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

And any problems with agression between the clowns? I had to return my clarkii after I found the perc had a bite mark in his tail! I guess the tank size is in your favour?

Tags
tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com