Tang with Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edward2788

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do I get rid of the ich and is there a fish tht eats it?

Sorry no parasite eating fish will act as a remedy for ich. A neon goby or a cleaner wrasse do eat parasites but based on my online research they only act as "preventative" rather than "remedial" agents in the symbiosis. As such you might need to QT your tang if its a severe case. Sorry about your fish.

Fish can't eat the parasite because it is under the fishes skin. You need to put the fish in a qt and either treat it with copper or hyposalinity do not do either of these in your main tank they will kill any inverts you may have. You'll also have to leave your main tank fishless for 4 to 6 weeks to kill off any parasites that may have fallen off.

Soak food like brine shrimp in garlic. Thats always worked for me. Ich is there a lot of the time but a fishes health determines whet her it can attatch itself.

Agreed that you need to eliminate it in the DT or it will always be there. You can have healthy fish that can sometimes fight it off, but add stress to the equation and it will likely pop up again.

Back
Top Bottom