Tang won't eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seafan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Since the hurricane (last thursday) my tang has been hiding behind a rock. about two days ago she stopped coming out to eat. My parameters are ammonia ~0, nitrite~0, nitrate less than 5, phosphate ~0. All my other fish are healthy and happy. Although it is hard to tell, I can't see any spots or marks on her.
Maybe she has a digestive parasite? What could it be?
I've had her for 3-4 months now and she has sometimes gone into hiding, but never stopped eating. :?

She died friday morning. I sent a sample to the LFS and they said that everything was O.K, they also said that half of their tangs died after the hurricane. I knew tangs stressed easily but I didn't think my tang could die so easily. My theory is that she got stressed from the hurricane and succumbed to a digestive infection. :cry:

Sorry for your loss seafan. It's possible the tang may have already had something developing prior to the purchase. Tangs are a hit or miss sometimes. It can also be the way it was captured as well.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom